Submit your Rss Feed Link Below

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Business of Design online

Book Review: The New Well-Tempered Sentence

When I was in grade school, we had this small (but disturbingly thick) hardcover grammar book. It was a horrible mustard yellow hue. Even to this day, I still picture this book when I think about grammar. I didn’t like it then and, to be honest, I don’t like it now. But I can recognize [...]The Ups and Downs of Business (Part 5)

I’ve been successful. I’ve failed. I’ve faced adversity. I’ve even faced a potential crippling injury. But, I’m still here. Yup, you betcha. I’m not dead yet (but not for a lack of trying). I have yet another opportunity to start over – and start over I will.
I realise it’s never going to be the same [...]Book Reveiw: The Word of Mouth Manual: Volume II

The Word of Mouth Manual: Volume II is the second book by Dave Balter, the CEO and founder of BzzAgent, a Boston-based word of mouth marketing company. While it’s not a how-to book of WOM, it is an exceptionally well-written book, employing humor and a number of excellent examples. Balter divides the book into three [...]The Ups and Downs of Business (Part Four)

Nationwide Insurance uses the slogan, “Life comes at you fast,” and they’re right, it does.
At the beginning of 2008, I was still trying to recoup from the horrible Fall and Winter months of 2007. After going through the exercise of planning out the year once again, I told myself 2008 was going to be my [...]The Ups and Downs of Business (Part Three)

I’ve been up. I’ve been down. But nothing prepared me for the exciting events that took place early 2007.
Successful businesses usually start off the new year with fresh ideas. Putting pen to paper, they come up with plans to make that year better than the last. I was no different. 
In my first year I went [...]The Ups and Downs of Business (Part Two)

In Part One, I was happily living the creative dream life with a full time business of my own. Being my own boss, I could and did make my own hours. Work came to me so no more chomping at the bit waiting for the phone to ring. I didn’t have to market every day, [...]The Ups and Downs of Business (Part One)

Every business goes through its ups and downs. The graphic design business is no different. The best way to survive down times and live life to the fullest is to plan ahead. But, even the best laid plans can get disrupted by unforeseen events. That’s where contingency planning comes into play. They can save your [...]Book Review: The Girl’s Guide to Kicking Your Career Into Gear

So, I think I’ve mentioned this before: I don’t like pink books for “girls”. They bother me. For one, I don’t like pink. Second, I’m not twelve. But I will forgive the Girl’s Guide chicks their magenta book cover both because it’s relatively tasteful in its design, and because the information inside it is so [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment